swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Joy of LEGO

I came across this on one of my RSS feeds today, and it is an ad for LEGO from the early 80's, the era in which I was growing up playing with LEGO.


This picture encompasses my early childhood joy of playing with LEGO, and even after almost 30 years I can relate to this little girl's look of pride and achievement, and this picture continues to melt my heart as I can see a similar look that my 4 year old daughter gives me when we build something non-descript together with LEGO...

So all I can say to all the kids out there now... is to ditch the instructions that came with all those cool Lego sets that mum and dad bought you and go and build and create something as beautiful and unique as yourselves!!! :D

[via Gizmodo]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too can remember being a wee lad and loving my LEGO. This was long before fancy schmancy LEGO you can get today, but nonetheless I can remember being as proud as this girl of what I made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home