swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The meaning of love...

Just had a bit of time to reflect on the past few days and it just struck me what the meaning of AGAPE is. This is the love as demonstrated by God where it is selfless and not expecting return.

Every moment that I am with Hannah, be it holding her, cuddling her, wrapping her up, bathing her, even changing her diapers and just watching her, I enjoy her company and derive the upmost joy from it, and not expecting her to reciprocate (well not at this stage anyways *grin*). This is the same as God and us, and wanting this relationship so much that He was willing to die for us.

Until now I did not fully grasp and appreciate the enormity of His love for us.

And yes I would be willing to give my life for our precious little Hannah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home